Windows 10 Best practice: Reimage vs Refresh what is best and when?

Hi,

I have been using Windows 10 for nearly 3 years and I had done 100s of installation, reset and reimaging. Now I wanted to know what are the difference between Windows 10 Reset, Windows 10 Reimaging and Windows 10 reinstall or a clean install.

Because every features has some advantages over other and some disadvantages. If we know the real differences then we can utilized this features better.

Thanks in advance
Becky :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

The Remove everything option is /of/ PC resetting is like a regular clean install and your hard drive is erased and a refresh copy of Windows is** installed. But by contrast, a system reset is faster and more convenient.Apr 17, 2020

1 Like

Hi @Becky,

Windows 10 Reset is a recovery option offered by Microsoft in Windows 10. For some reason, if your Windows 10 is not responsive you were suggested by some IT experts to reset your Windows 10 device. What Windows 10 reset does is, It will reset your PC to the beginning like a fresh new Windows 10 where you have to again install all of your software and application.

Reimage is the process to revise your Windows 10 device to a particular date or version. The image you use for imaging process will probably contain some files and software. So, when you reimage your device to using you will have to install the missing software.

There is a situation depend on the severity of your issue. Sometime reimaging your Windows 10 maybe solve your issue or not. When to use Windows 10 reset or reimage is solely depend on the issue on the choice you make.

3 Likes