Windows 10 blue screen of death after adding nvidia card

Ok, so I added an nvidia RTX 2080 to my Win 10 Pro 64 bit rig and now I get a bluescreen when it loads.
I took it out again and reverted to the on-board video but still get the blue screen.

I really don’t want to rebuild Windows. I reckon it installed some drivers the first time around and they are causing the crash.
Anyone know a way out !!!

VIDEO_TDR_TIMEOUT_DETECTED, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGE_AREA, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) or hexadecimal code (such as 0x000000D1, 0x0000000A, or 0x0000007B), but they’re just hieroglyphics for most users.

2 Likes

hi friend i think the problem its with the drivers that u installed and to get out try to enter into safe mode and desinstall the drivers

Hi @JimClench,

Follow the below instruction and let us if it was helpful:

1. Install the latest driver for your Graphic card RTX 2080
  2. Make sure your Windows 10 is running with the latest update
  3. Make sure your PC has proper temperature
  4. Run blue screen troubleshooter. * Go to Start menu search for settings. In Settings, go to “ Update and Security ”. Click on the “ Troubleshoot ” tab from the panel, left side of the window. Under “Find and Fix other problems” , select “ Blue Screen” and tap “ Run as troubleshooter ”.
  5. If you are still getting BSOD. You have to reinstall your Windows 10. Login to your PC downloads the required Windows 10 version iSO file. Run the setup.exe file after mounting the iso file. This process will reinstall your Windows 10 OS by keeping all of your applications.

Thanks

3 Likes

When your PC in trouble for some reason you will likely get a Blue Screen of Death. With various error codes. One of them is SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION error. This error appears on all of the versions of Windows.

If you get a SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION error, most of the time it is caused by driver incompatibility, or by software that isn’t compatible with your Windows 10 version. This error usually contains the name of the file that caused the crash, so we’ll use that to find the solution for SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION error.

Even if you are not a tech person you can easily solve this error by following the below troubleshooting steps:

Run the SFC scan

Type “PowerShell” into the Search box. Make sure you open the PowerShell as run this task with administrator privileges.
Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit “Enter.”
Wait for the scanning to complete.

Update your drivers

Open Device Manager on your device and make sure all of the driver is up to date.

Disable third-party antivirus

If you are using any third-party antivirus software on your device. Try to disable it for temporarily and see if this Blue Screen of Death error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION disappears.

Run the troubleshooter

Just like the sfc/scannow, this tool also deals with various system issues, including BSOD errors like SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. Here’s how to run the Troubleshooter in Windows 10:

Go to the Settings app

Head over to Update & Security > Troubleshoot
Find BSOD, and click Run the troubleshooter

Check the hard drive

Sometime it is the hard drive that is causing the SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION error. Because a corrupted system drive can also cause this error repeatedly. To check your hard drive follow the below process:

Go to the Command Prompt (as shown above).
Enter the following line and press Enter on your keyboard: chkdsk /f C

Update BIOS

Even after following the above solution If you’re still facing the same BSOD error with the SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION error, then as a least option try to updating your BIOS version.

Updating BIOS version is very risky because if you don’t know what you’re doing and something goes wrong, you can render your motherboard unusable.