Windows 10 Display resolution issue with ultra wide screen

Hi,

I have an LG ultra-wide 29 "inch monitor in my home. Due to work from home, I have bought my office PC home and trying to connect my ultra-wide monitor to office CPU. My Office PC has Windows 10 installed and from HP.

This is an i3 4th gen computer. I have connected my office PC to my ultra wide monitor but the I don’t have the 2560 x 1080 Pixels option in the resolution option.

For 2560 x 1080 resolution monitor my Windows 10 is recommended display resolution is 1366 x 768.

Troubleshooting steps I have followed:

1. Updated the display driver
  2. Uninstalled the display driver and installed through windows update
  3. Rollback the display driver

None of the above options is helpful, please suggest

Thanks

4 Likes

Hi @Reginald,

please follow the steps given below:

1. Right-click on the desktop and then click Display settings to open the same.
  2. On the right side, click the option titled advanced display settings to view your current screen resolution and option to choose a different one.
  3. To change the current screen resolution, click on the drop-down box located under Resolution to view all supported resolutions, and click on one of the listed resolutions to select it, and then click the Apply button.
  4. To set the new resolution, click the Keep changes button. And if you find that the new resolution isn’t perfect, click the Revert button to restore the previous screen resolution.

Hope this helps

1 Like