Windows 10 installation - start menyu settings not working

After the Windows 10 installation, my start menu settings tab won’t work. Every time I go there, it shows up briefly and then goes away just as fast. Everything else seems to work fine, except for the Windows Update tab. I get this message “The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.” Ideas anyone?

Hi @Bentley,

Create another user with admin privileges or login to any existing user in the system and check if the start menu setting is working fine?

If the start menu is working for other users then user profile is corrupted. Follow this article for guidance How To Delete User Profile in Windows 10

Hope this helps

Hi @Bentley

1. Click the Start button, right-click the cog icon that would normally lead to the Settings apps, then click More and App settings.

2. Finally, scroll down in the new window until you see the Reset button, then click Reset.

Hello

try to make new user or use built in admin user and check the problem if fixes

Hey there!
May be creating a new user name will help

Hold down the Windows Key+R to open the Run window. Type in the following without quote marks: “control /name Microsoft.IndexingOptions”.

Click Modify on the bottom left of the Indexing Options window. Click the “Show all locations” button, then untick all the currently ticked locations. Click OK.

Now click Advanced, then click Rebuild in the Troubleshooting section. A message will pop up saying that this may take some time. Click OK.

Hold down the Windows Key+R to open the Run window again. Now type in “Shutdown -r” without quote marks to reboot your machine.