Windows 10 May 2020 Version 2004 update is now available. What are the new features?

Hi,

I am a big fan of Windows 10 I always wanted to use the latest version recommended by Microsoft in my PC or laptop. At present I am using Windows 10 1909 in my all of computer and laptop.

But to date I am blindly upgrading my computer and laptop to the latest version but now I am thinking to have the best version not the latest version suitable for my computer and laptop.

So, First thing first what are the new features in Windows 10 May 2020 updates also known as Windows 10 version 2004? is it worth upgrade or should I be wait for the next version?

Waiting for your best feedback and suggestion.

4 Likes

Windows 10 version 2004
Some amazing new features include
-Windows Hello is now supported as Fast Identity Online 2 (FIDO2) authenticator across all major browsers including Chrome and Firefox.
-Its Windows Defender System Guard
-The Windows Defender Application Guard

• Improvements in Windows Setup with this release include:
  • Reduced offline time during feature updates
  • Improved controls for reserved storage
  • Improved controls and diagnostics
  • New recovery options
    -SetupDiag is now automatically installed.
  • Windows Autopilot
    -And its support MDT version 8456
2 Likes
  1. Reset this PC improvements Windows 10 version 2004 has cloud based reset option. check this article for more information on cloud download works Cloud Download. How to reset Windows 10 PC using Cloud Download recovery option

2. Notification improvements. It’s now possible to turn off app notifications inline in the notification toast by clicking the settings gear and choosing “Turn off all notifications for application-name .”

3. Your Phone improvements. While these changes probably aren’t tied to 2004, the Your Phone app is being improved rapidly and now supports making and receiving phone calls in addition to accessing photos, text messages, and device notifications.

4. Windows Subsystem for Linux 2. WSL 2 is a major upgrade in which Microsoft is, for the first time, shipping a real Linux kernel inside Windows 10, improving performance (especially in file system access) and compatibility.

5. Cortana. Microsoft’s digital assistant has been decoupled from Windows Search and the search bar that’s available by default on the Windows 10 taskbar.

6. Windows Search. With Cortana now stripped out of Windows Search, it is perhaps not surprising that Microsoft has likewise overhauled that latter interface as well.

7. File Explorer search improvements. The Search box in the File Explorer application is now powered by Windows Search and offers search suggestions in a drop-down and results from OneDrive files that are not synced to the PC.

8. Virtual Desktop improvements. With Windows 10 version 2004, you can now name virtual desktops inline, right in Task View. And your virtual desktops—and their customized names—are retained on reboot.

9. Simpler Bluetooth pairing. Microsoft added support for Bluetooth Quick Pair in a previous release, but it only supports a limited number of devices, including some of Microsoft’s keyboards and mice.

10. Xbox Game Bar improvements. The Xbox Game Bar now includes optional FPS and achievement overlay panes.

11. Kaomoji. With Microsoft having fully infected Windows 10 with emoji, it has moved onto adding support for Kaomoji—Japanese emoji, basically, but I think of them as text-based expressions—in version 2004.

12. Windows Ink Workspace improvements. The Windows Ink Workspace interface—which I think of as sort of a Start menu for Ink apps—has been significantly streamlined in this release, with access to the Microsoft Whiteboard app now front-and-center.

1 Like