Windows 10 No login page after the feature update

Hi,

One of my customer today that said their machine did the a windows update and afterwards the login screen is gone. After checking the machine, I confirmed when I do a “CTRL+ALT+DEL” on the login screen, their no user listed at all, just the wallpaper and the power options on the bottom right.

First thing to solve the problem I tried to do system restore But unfortunately the PC didn’t had any system restore, revert update (couldn’t revert, said it was past the 10 days), uninstall quality update didn’t do anything and bypassing the windows 10 login screen still causes it to get stuck.

Only option I had was reinstall the PC as reset the PC to keep programs/files failed as well. I am guessing the windows 10 update didn’t install correctly or something conflicting it since it worked in safe mode but spending a few hours, it wasn’t worth it after that to try fixing a broken windows.

5 Likes

Hi @the_joe,

It seems the Windows 10 Image you used for update is likely corrupted. Try to download the new Windows 10 image and upgrade your PC again or roll back your PC to the previous version of windows 10 and again try to upgrade the PC with the newly downloaded Windows 10 image.

1 Like

@the_joe, disconnect from the internet if you are connected to Wi-Fi or Ethernet or both and follow the below instrcution.

• Hold down the shift key on your keyboard while clicking the Power button on the screen.
  • Continue to hold down the shift key while clicking Restart.
  • Continue to hold down the shift key until the Advanced Recovery Options menu appears.
  • Click Troubleshoot
  • Click Advanced options
  • Click Startup repair

When complete, reboot into Windows then check if you are able to sign in.