Windows 10 Repeated "unexpected_store_exception"

I have recently upgraded my operating systems from windows 7 to windows 10 as it was going to end of support and now operate on windows 10. Since about a week and a half ago, my PC has started having frequent bluescreens, whether i’m playing a game, or the computer is simply open, the crash identifies as this error:

“unexpected_store_exception”

UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION-Blue-Screen-Error 999tech

The bluescreen doesn’t happen on a specific circumstance, no matter what I do, my pc crashes at least once per opening. My computer did not have any problems with the old OS. I am quite lost and have not found any tutorials, would anyone be able to help?

It seems to reset the OS is the only option but I don’t want to lose all of my software and games which I built last week only. So, I am avoiding resetting and looking for a way to tackle this error.

Anyways, if anyone could help, it would be very appreciated.

2 Likes

Hi @Aravind5858,

Is there any additional antivirus app running over the Defender?

The error indicates something is wrong with your drive. It’s entirely possible the previous OS didn’t do the level of checking that Win10 does, which is why you’re only seeing the problem now.

Try installing something like CrystalInfo to check the drive.

If that comes up clean, remove your graphics card driver and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

If all that doesn’t work, try running system file checker. Open a command window in Admin mode:

sfc /scannow

If all that fails, reinstall Windows.

2 Likes

Getting a blue screen of death which also known as a stop code error on your Windows 10 device is frustrating, where your system unexpectedly crashes. When you don’t understand the problem especially. What you have to do, If the error code is named “Unexpected Store Exception,” here have 5 steps which you can try to fix this error code.

1. Check the Health of Your Hard Drive

Your computer manufacture will give an option to check the hard drive through the BIOS or through any software application, which will help you check the condition of your hard drive. Because most of the time “Unexpected Store Exception” error in Windows 10 is related to hard drive faulty.

If your hard drive test was passed and still you are facing the same Unexpected Store Exception" error in Windows 10, then follow the next step which maybe resolve the error.

2. Update Your Display Driver

The second most root cause for this error code can be a faulty or incompatibility of your display driver. Display drivers can also cause this “Unexpected Store Exception” error in Windows 10 due to incompatibility issues.

Press Window key + X and click Device Manager. On the Device Manager screen, Expand the Display adapters. This will show your graphics card driver. Right-click and select the click Uninstall device option. After the Confirmation, restart your PC.

Connect your PC to the internet upon the restart, Windows will automatically try to install the Display Driver for your Display hardware. Since, Windows is installing the driver automatically with its perception the driver version can be out of date. So, make sure to check your device manufacturer website and download the latest driver for your Display hardware.

I assume any of the above steps will solve the “Unexpected Store Exception” error in Windows 10. But If you are still facing the same error then follow the third solution in our list.

3. Run System File Checker

This is one of the common solution which resolve most of the Windows 10 issue. Most of the time its faulty system files which cause this Unexpected Store Exception" error in Windows 10 devices. Thankfully, Windows itself have easy way for scanning your device and automatically attempt to repair any problematic files if its found.

To Run the System File Checker command open the Command Prompt by following:

Press Win + X and click Command Prompt (Admin). Once opened,

type sfc /scannow and press Enter as shown in the image

After the scanning restart your PC and check if you get rid of “Unexpected Store Exception” error in Windows 10 device.

4. Disable Your Antivirus

Some times its the antivirus software which was interfering with your system and causing the “Unexpected Store Exception” error in Windows 10. If you are using the Windows defend or any third party anti virus application, try
temporarily disabling your antivirus and see if the error disappears.

Disabling of your Antivirus will vary depending on your software application, but you will find it very easily somewhere in the program’s Settings menu.

For Windows Defender you can follow the coming steps to disable it temporarily,

Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
Go to Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Virus & threat protection settings and slide Real-time protection to Off.

Check if you get rid of “Unexpected Store Exception” error in Windows 10 device after disabling the Antivirus application .

5. Turn Off Fast Startup

By default, Windows 10 comes with the fast startup, this feature uses a types of hibernation to give you a quicker boot speeds. While this feature is great, but it can also cause the “Unexpected Store Exception” error in Windows 10. So, it’s worth try disabling the fast startup to see if you gets rid of the error.

I hope any of the above 5 steps will help you solve the “Unexpected Store Exception” error in Windows 10 device.

1 Like