Windows 10 start button not working in new user profile

Dear all,

I have a Windows 10 PC which is running Windows 10 version 1909. Yesterday, I created a new user profile for my daughter but I found Windows 10 start button not working completely.

I restarted the PC knowing it will get automatically resolved by the restart but even after the restart the same problem is persisting. But in my user problem I don’t have the Windows 10 start button not working issue.

I want this issue to be resolved as soon as possible because my daughter is angry with me due to this and she think I wanted did this because it was here user profile :joy:

Kindly help

1 Like

Hi @Stefan,

Windows 10 start button not working issue is very common in Windows 10 and simply to install. But you may have to follow the multiple suggestion to resolve this issue. Please follow the below suggestion one by one to solve this issue:

1. Run sfc /scannow scan

Type “PowerShell” into the Search box. Make sure you open the PowerShell as run this task with administrator privileges.
Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit “Enter.”
Wait for the scanning to complete.

Sfc scanning will help you resolve the Windows 10 start button not working issue. Even after running this scan not working then follow the below steps:

2. Run DISM scan

In the same window copy and paste DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Wait for this scanning to complete. This will scanning will search for any corrupted file and replace them if any.

3. Kill the Windows File Explorer

Killing the Windows File Explorer is a quick-and-easy task that may come in handy for various situations, such as when you have non-responsive application on your windows or sporadic issues on the desktop. So, Here’s how you can kill the Windows Explorer process. Killing the Windows Explorer will also solve the Windows 10 start button not working issue.

Open Task Manager by right clicking on the task bar:

Looking for the Windows Explorer. Right click the Windows Explorer and select End task.

Now press Ctrl+alt+del on your keyboard and restart your PC. Check again this time Windows start button not working issue will be resolved. I hope any of the above solution will help you solve, Windows 10 start button not working issue
Thanks