Windows 10 version 2004. Any issues or bug? Windows 10 Version 2004 is safe to upgrade?

Hi All,

Upgrading and testing Windows 10 versions is a nightmare to all of the system admin in the world. Every time Microsoft release a new version we have to under go a lot testing and observation to not crash our internal/external applications.

Now all of our PC and Laptops are running with Windows 10 version 1809 now we need to decide either Windows 10 version 1909 or version 2004? which is more stable and has some decent performance.

Any thoughts and suggestion are appreciated

Thank
Nihal

21 Likes

I upgraded one of my client laptop from Windows 10 version 1903 to Windows 10 version 2004. Upgrade went successful but after the upgrade his loss the audio. After long investigation I found the driver was not compatible with the Windows 10 version 2004. So, I had to rewind the upgrade to Windows 10 version 1903 again.

11 Likes

I never upgrade my PCs to the latest versions. Latest version always get bugs. Now we are running at Windows 10 1903 now we are going to upgrade Windows 10 1909 and will likely to upgrade Windows 10 version 2004 after the release of Windows 10 version 2009. This strategy worked for me and my office.

12 Likes

I think this one big is a big issue for Windows 10 version 2004.

Avoid Running Chkdsk command on Windows 10 version 2004 device:

Microsoft says that users could experience issues using or accessing Storage Spaces configurations on some devices after updating them to Windows 10, version 2004, or Windows Server, version 2004.

Storage Spaces is a Windows and Windows Server technology designed to protect customers’ data from drive failures by storing copies on multiple drives, much like RAID (redundant array of independent disks) but implemented in software.

“When using some configurations, partition for Storage Spaces might show as RAW in Disk Manager,” Microsoft explains in a support document published today.

Microsoft also added a note marked as “Important,” where it recommends users to avoid “running the chkdsk command on any device affected by this issue.”

18 Likes

Thanks for the information. I was planning to test Windows 10 version 2004.

5 Likes

I found one important feature is missing read the below post for more information

1 Like