Windows 10 version 2004. What needs your attention? Error while upgrade

Hi,

I am trying to upgrade my Windows 10 device to the latest available version Windows 10 version 2004. But in the end of the upgrade process I am getting the below screen.

This is a HP all in one PC. 4th Gen i3 processor.

I have done so many upgrade in the past like starting from Windows 10 1503 to Windows 10 1507 to Windows 10 1607 to Windows 10 1809 to Windows 10 1909. In all this upgrade I never had any compatibility issues. Why all of sudden I am receiving this error while upgrading to Windows 10 version 2004?

1 Like

Hi @Cathleen,

As per the instruction screen something in your device is not compatible for the Windows 10 version 2004 update. Reason could be any Apps from store, any thrid-party application, antivirus application or drivers. Most of the it’s third party software which are known to cause this error. Try to uninstall most of the third party software and upgrade your PC.

2 Likes

Windows driver and uncompatible third-party software, this two are the culprit in the most cases. So, better uninstall all the third-party software and remove any windows 10 driver which is not installed by Windows update and try to upgrade your PC.

1 Like