WordPress slow but I don't know why

My WP site is running quite slow even though the cPanel hosting it is running on is working very well.
I have a few basic plugins running and Adwords code.

I can’t work out why it is slow. Any ideas from anyone please?

Hi Boz

Please check this. I hope it will help you resolve this issue.

Updated Guide: How to Fix a Slow WordPress Website

Hi Boz, There must be some unused plugins or broken which you’ve integrated on the WP, this is making your site speed slow, I can easily optimize the speed your site and would love to share the proper audit report before finalizing the project.

Speed optimization 2-3 max

Thanks

Why is WordPress slow? It’s a complicated question, and there are a lot of potential answers.
Big Factors that can make your site slow:

• Displaying unoptimized images
  • Using a slow WordPress theme
  • Using unoptimized plugins
  • Not implementing general performance best practices, like compression and caching
  • Having too many scripts running in the background
  • Using an [old version of PHP]

There are a lot of solutions for testing your site’s loading times:

Pingdom Tools is a front-runner. Your home page is going to have a decent amount of content compared to other site pages, so it’s a good option for testing.

Load Impact enables you to simulate up to 25 simultaneous visits to your website over five minutes on an ascending scale. You don’t need to sign up for an account to run a free test.

High-quality photos can have massive file sizes. Add a few of those to any page, and it’s perfect for slowing your loading times. There are a couple of ways you can find out if this is a problem for you. However, the fastest approach is to use a free performance testing tool such as [GTmetrix](

there are many reasons to slow WordPress site.

1. Too Many WordPress Plugins Installed
  2. Render-Blocking JavaScript.
  3. Images Are Not Compressed or Optimized.
  4. Slow Server Response Time.
  5. Unnecessary Page and Post Redirects.
  6. Unnecessarily Long CSS or JavaScript.
  7. Compression Not Utilized.
    are many more reasons to slow wordpress.

The very basis reason for a slower Wordpress website are
1.Web Hosting
2. Page Size
3. Bad Plugins
For pointing out errors and there solution you may check your web page by using Google Insight which will generate report about all errors

Hey there!
Check the info in this link, it shows the why and how to fix it

The primary causes for a slow WordPress website are:

• Web Hosting – When your web hosting server is not properly configured it can hurt your website speed.

• WordPress Configuration – If your WordPress site is not serving cached pages, then it will overload your server thus causing your website to be slow or crash entirely.

• Page Size – Mainly images that aren’t optimized take too much space.

• Bad Plugins – If you’re using a poorly coded plugin, then it can significantly slow down your website.

• External scripts – External scripts such as ads, font loaders, etc can also have a huge impact on your website performance.