My laptop has Windows 7, due to covid-19 I had to work from home so I decided to upgrade this PC with Windows 10 version 1903. For the last 1 month Windows 10 is working fine in my laptop but suddenly last week I was asked to sign-in into the device with outlook. com or live. com address. I never thought about it and just entered the email id and signin to the device. Please check the below image.
Now, I am not able to login with account and there is no option to switch Login with another account option.
I login the live. com account in my browser and tried to reset the account but nothing was helpful. I am not sure what is the exact browser and why my account is locked out?
As per your description you are not able to login your PC with your live .com account. Please follow the on-screen instruction and try to login your account in the web browser. If you are still unable to login try to reset the password and login your PC with your new account.
If you can’t remember your password or it’s not working
You can reset your Microsoft account password by following these steps:
- Go to the Recover your account page.
- Enter the email address, phone number, or Skype ID you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail .com or outlook .com.
- If you have security info on your account, we’ll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you’ll be able to make a new password.
- Enter your new password, then select Next .
Hope the above steps helps
Sometimes this type of issue is because of Caps Lock or Num Lock unknowingly pressed by the users if you have a password that contains capital letters then make sure to turn ON the Caps Lock then Enter the password. Similarly, if your password combination contains numbers then confirm to enable Num Lock when entering the password. If you’re entering the password correctly by following the above advice and you’ve got also changed your Microsoft account password and you’re still unable to log in then you’ll follow the below-listed troubleshooting guide so as to repair You can’t check in to your PC immediately.
Make sure to confirm at your “Sign-in Options” under the sign-in dialogue box. you’ll have switched from the “keypad” choice to your email password “key” option (or vise versa). It took me several hours to work out the straightforward error. (It made me sweat some, thinking i might never revisit into the PC again.)
The error message “You can’t sign in to your device right now. Go to account.live.com to fix the problem” can be caused by a number of factors, including:
- Incorrect username or password
- Network connectivity issues
- Temporary problems with Microsoft’s servers
- Your Microsoft account is experiencing a problem.
To resolve this issue, you can try the following:
- Always ensure that you are inputting the proper username and password. Simply attempt to log in to account.live.com using a web browser, so you know if you can remember your username and password.
- Ensure that your network connection is okay by attempting to check whether or not you can access the internet.
- Try restarting your device.
- Sign into your respective Microsoft Account using another gadget. If you have access credentials for another device, you probably own a defective computer.
- If the problem persists, you can reset your password for your Microsoft account. Go to your account.live.com and click “Forgot my password?”.
- In case these fail to solve your issues, try contacting Microsoft support.
However, if you find that none of the attempts worked out, it means that your Microsoft account is having problems or even your device.
If none of the above suggestions helped you resolve the error, “You can’t sign in to your device right now. Go to account.live.com to fix the problem” Kindly let us know in the comment suggestion below.