How to Fix System Thread Exception Not Handled error in Windows 10
1. Locate Faulty Drivers
There are different ways for finding faulty drivers, but the most simplified way is to check windows logs. * For opening logs, users need to excess event viewer.
- As you press “Windows key + R”, it will open run dialog box. Type “eventvwr” in the box and press enter.
- Then event viewer will open. On left side, click on Windows Logs and then click on “System”.
- Click on “System” with its drop-down menu to view all the recent events.
- Locate “System Thread Exception Not Handled” error to see its associated driver.
2. Reinstall, Update or Roll Back Device Drivers
Device driver is the main component of windows that helps operating system to connect any device with each other. To fix any incompatible driver reinstall, update and roll back to its previous version. For doing any operation with device driver, open device manager. For opening “Device Manager”, Open run box by typing “Windows + R” and then in search box type “device manager”.
Reinstall Driver – In this process, first uninstall the driver. And the search that driver on the device manufacturer’s website. Find your desired device driver. Download and then install that driver.
Update Driver – In device manager. Then go through each and every hardware that driver is installed. Choose any driver for update. For update, right click on driver and then click on “Update driver”. Device drivers includes – audio, sound devices, network, display adaptors, disk drives. Click on driver and then click on “Search It Automatically” to search and install driver.
Roll Back Driver – For rolling back, right click on device driver. Go its “properties”, click on “driver” tab. Then click on “Roll Back” option. Click on OK.
If you are still facing the System Thread Exception Not Handled BSOD error in your Windows 10 device then follow the next solution.
3. Change Name of Faulty Driver
Windows always stores error logs that are connected with faulty drivers. You can rename those files. After renaming, Windows fetches a new file and reinstall that file. For that, you must be aware of the driver location.
- Open Command prompt as administrator. Open Windows start menu, type “cmd” and run it as administrator. Right click on cmd for opening it “run as administrator”.
- Type “C:”, click on enter. Then type “cd /Windows\System32\drivers” and click on enter.
- Type “ren FILENAME.sys FILENAME.OLD”. This command will rename the file with faulty driver and with its registered error code.
- Type “exit”.
If you are still facing the System Thread Exception Not Handled BSOD error in your Windows 10 device then follow the 4th solution in our list.
4. Check System File Checker
Are you getting any constant errors in Windows? If you are suspicious about any corrupt file in Windows. You can use system file checker. System file checker helps users to scan and restore Windows system files.
- For running system file checker. Open “CMD” as administrator. If you are running Windows in safe mode. You may found in advanced options.
- Type “sfc/scannow” and then press enter. As you press enter scan will start.
- After scanning with system file checker. If you are still suspicious you can use DISM. DISM restores the health of Windows.
- Run “CMD” as administrator and type below given commands.
o “Exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth”
o “Exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth”
5. System Restore
Backups are the most important part for your Windows. If nothing above works simply back it up. Backups Windows in restoring to earlier period. Windows backups requires, “recovery drive” or “system repair disc”.
- To start backup, insert “repair disc” into the computer and select your “preference”.
- In the Windows repair disc select “repair option” and then select the “troubleshoot, advanced options”.
- Then click on “system restore”.
System Restore is one of the best way to resolve System Thread Exception Not Handled BSOD error in your Windows 10, Because System Restore, restore your PC to any earlier day when you are not start facing this error
While reinstallation, update and backup will fix the issue for majority of Windows users. Those who are still receiving the error after following the above steps. Those users should go for clean reinstallation of Windows. After clean reinstallation. Windows OS will reset all the factory settings and all temporary memory will wipe out. After reinstallation update basic drivers to new version of Windows.
By following the above solution you will able to resolve the System Thread Exception Not Handled error in your Windows 10 device.